West Virginia University’s second annual Week of Purpose will take place Monday, Sept. 25 through Friday, Sept. 29. Students, faculty and staff are invited to enjoy a variety of events and take this opportunity for self-exploration, learn a new perspective and engage with others as we continue this purposeful journey together.
Week of Purpose events are open to the entire WVU campus community. Additional events will be held during the week on the Health Sciences Campus.
Monday, Sept. 25 – Friday, Sept. 29
- Sidewalk Chalk; Take some time to breath fresh air and show off your creative skills. Sponsored by Operation Blue Sky.
Monday, Sept. 25
- “Healthcare is Human” Exhibit Opening and Panel Discussion; 3-5 p.m.; Okey Patteson Auditorium and Pylons Commons and Zoom; Event will include the debut of a short film about “Healthcare Is Human” and a panel discussion, followed by a reception. Presented by the WVU Humanities Center, Art in the Libraries and William A. Neal Museum of the Health Sciences in collaboration WVU Health Sciences.
Tuesday, Sept. 26
- Employee and Student Life Fair; 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.; Pylons Commons; Hosted the by the Health Sciences Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Cross-cutting Committee, Operation Blue Sky and the WVU Purpose Center.
- How Full is Your Bucket? Purpose Workshop; noon to 1 p.m.; Fukushima Auditorium Lounge; In this hour-long session, we will introspectively discuss how even the briefest interactions can affect our relationships, productivity, health and longevity. Presented by the Purpose Center.
- Chair Massages; 2-5 p.m.; Pylons Commons; Enjoy free chair massages from BlissBlissBliss. Sponsored by Operation Blue Sky.
Wednesday, Sept. 27
- Self-care Activities; 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.; Pylons Commons; Improve mental well-being through art, crafts and puzzles. Presented by BeWell.
- Pause with Paws; 1-3 p.m.; Fukishima Auditorium Lounge; Spend time with therapy dogs, including Gus and Rigatoni. Sponsored by Operation Blue Sky.
Thursday, Sept. 28
- Chair Massages; 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.; Pylons Commons; Enjoy free chair massages from BlissBlissBliss. Sponsored by Operation Blue Sky.
- What’s Your Why?; 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.; Pylons Commons; Stop by to reflect on the prompt of the day and get your Strengths buttons. Presented by the Purpose Center.
Friday, Sept. 29
- Mid-day Mindfulness; 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.; Pylons Commons; A variety of offerings will help you take time for your mind and body. Yoga for mid-day tension release, flowers for friends, mini mindfulness sessions and more. Sponsored by Operation Blue Sky.
For the Week of Purpose full schedule of events, visit the WVU calendar.